Sunday 11 February 2007

Stranger Than Fiction

I think I should update my movie list after concentrating on other topics. Honestly, I have no time to watch movie these days and furthermore no nice movies on show so far but I think those nice movies are coming to the cinema next month; Ghost Rider, Norbit, Music and Lyrics etc. At least got a few in my checklist! :)

So, for those with kids you might consider to watch Norbit; another comedy movie starred by Eddie Murphy. I guess it's funny from the preview but certain values and elements shown are not so good or suitable for kids. Anyway, it's just for fun!

Well, got the chance to watch another movie last nite; Stranger Than Fiction. When I bought the ticket, I had no idea in mind about this movie. Just the title caught my attention.

This movie is about a guy, Harold Crick (starred by Will Ferrell) who is working as a tax agent with IRS (better known as IRB/LHDN is Malaysia). In one morning, he starts to hear a female voice that is narrating in detail his every action, thought and feeling. He feels so strange cos he's the only one who hears the voice. This female voice is actually comes from a lady author who are at the same time writing about him; without her knowing that the character is alive and totally affected by her writing.

The life of Harold Crick turns upside down after he gets to know that he's facing death sooner from the female voice. From that point, he starts his searching for the author in his mission to ask the author to change the ending part. Yeah, he is taking the right move as not only him but also everyone will do the same when knowing about own death. During the time, there are many events happened and you have to watch on your own (the director warned me not to do so!) :-P

A for me, this movie is quite bored as I was almost felt into sleep for few times during the screening. Nothing so special though the subject is quite nice and interesting. The subject alone can't make this movie special unless supported by nice scenes and characters. Not to say I'm disappointed but actually my expectation is a bit higher for this type of movie.

No comments: