Friday 9 February 2007

Gong Zou Yu Kuai

Now, I can put a smile whenever I feel of blogging from my office. Last time, I couldn't do much except saving all my postings as drafts in my hard disk. This was happened due to the network policy and certain restrictions implemented in my office environment.

I just discovered a new way of publishing my posting; using Microsoft Office 2007. It's cool, man!!! I never think of publishing my posting straight away from Word as my normal practice is saving everything in Word and transfer it in blog editor. Now, I can cut short the steps and make my life easier. What to do, no turning back for me anymore once I started my ramblings here. Since then, I get attached already. J

Well, I should take this opportunity to openly thank my colleague (senior is the best word) for sharing and giving me this idea. Her idea is to publish through OneNote; another product of Microsoft. She's a hardcore fan of Bill Gates' team. No jokes, it's true! Anyway, thanks again for opening the door for me.

Before I forget, just to share with you that Bill Gates is no longer the CEO for Microsoft and he's now a full time philanthropist; managing his own foundation. What a nice for the richest man on earth now.

Hmm, let me think where to start. Okay, just to share my diary yesterday. I was attending a meeting until 7.00 pm and considered late to me (my definition of late changes after getting a new boss). Last time, I don't mind to work late and I really mean it! 8.00 pm or even 10.00 pm never considered as late to me but the definition is no longer exist and was taken out from my dictionary of life. Now, late for me is when I have to leave the office after 6.00 pm. I'm still giving myself half an hour to settle down any backlogs or anything that I should complete on that day and that's it. Thirty minutes is more than enough and I'm too generous for that. I have to be stingy and calculative. Yeah, I'm very calculative now!

In many books I have read before (i.e Rule of Work and many others), all suggested and agreed that the leadership is the de-facto that motivate or de-motivate all the members in any organization. Oh, before I get more forgetful, let me share with you excerpt of an article sent by one of my colleagues entitled "Why Employees Leave Organizations? By Mr. Azim Premji, CEO of Wipro". In that article, he mentioned clearly on this:

"If you are losing good people, look to their boss. Boss is the reason people stay and thrive in an organization. And he/she is the reason why people leave. When people leave, they take knowledge, experience and contacts with them, straight to the competition."

One ever said, "If you work for a jerk, you basically want to get him/her into trouble. You don't have your heart and soul in the job".

So, what say you? I have nothing much to comment but for sure I'll say "Yes, definitely and I'm totally agree with that!"

Finally, I'd like to take this opportunity to wish everyone "Gong Zou Yu Kuai!"

No comments: