Wednesday 28 February 2007

Ghost Rider

Well, well, well. Finally, I got the chance to update my movie list since the last before CNY and the latest is Ghost Rider. I think I'm a bit late to watch this movie compared to my normal practice. Not a big deal! Actually, I'm attracted to this movie after saw the preview last time. Luckily, I managed to get the ticket last night for a nice show time.

Ghost Rider is an action movie by Columbia Pictures that adapted from a famous Marvel Comics. It is about Johnny Blaze (Nicholas Cage), a motorcycle stunt rider who later turned be a superstar. During his teenage years, he made a deal with a devil named Mephistopheles to save his beloved and only alive family member; his own father who suffered from a chronic and acute cancer. In return, he gave his immortal soul to Mephistopheles. The deal was done in a split second and in my point of view, he unconditionally made the deal unwillingness.

The devil then saved his father who turned to be so healthy the next morning but passed away after a tragic accident during his show that night sweetheart, Roxanne (Eva Mendes) waited for him to run away from her father and live together with Johnny. Unfortunately, Johnny was so heartbroken and few plots took place during the time.

Because of the deal, Johnny Blaze is forever destined to be the Ghost Rider, the powerful supernatural entity that ride night after night as a slave of Mephistopheles to achieve his mission. He is now the host of a "spirit of vengeance". At night, Johnny will be transformed into a fiery demon with superpowers to chase bad guys. There are a few main characters that giving colours to this movie apart from the three characters mentioned above like Blackheart, Mack, Caretaker and The Hidden.

Honestly, I'd say that this movie is not bad in terms of the screenplay with nice plots, characters, effects and graphics. To be frank, I'm not into horror movies but I think this movie should be in your list to be considered.

What I can learn from this movie is, for every single thing we do, there is a price for it! The choice is yours; you ask for it, you got it!

No comments: