Friday 9 February 2007

Santai Kitchen

According to Maslow's Hierarchical of Needs, one of the basic needs for every human being is food. No matter what, we still have to eat and consume something for our body. Simple analogy to relate with this is a car and energy (petrol etc.). A car cannot move without energy and commonly we use petrol as the source of energy. So, food acts similar as petrol; to give energy to our body so that we can still survive to carry out our duties on this earth.

Actually, I have no intention of giving lecture on the human basic needs or whatsoever related but just to share about nice place to eat. As I always mentioned about the concept of sharing, so here is another info sharing or better I regard this as my recommendation on nice places to eat in Klang Valley.

I was supposed to go to my gym and doing my regular workout routines last nite but since the meeting was only adjourned at 7.00 pm, I had no choice but to cancel my initial plan.

Instead of sweating myself, I turned 360 degrees and totally changed the plan. My friend and I went for our dinner at 'Santai Kitchen' in Tesco Mutiara Damansara. Well, this posting is the first in my new label, place to eat. I'll try my best to give some quick reviews and recommendations based on a few criteria such as the price, type of food, ambience, cleanliness etc.

Santai Kitchen is located at the lower ground of Tesco Mutiara Damansara. It's opposite Madam Lim Restaurant and just next to D'Kayu Restaurant. It's just a simple shop with a mini playground next to it (the playground isn't belong to them). Perfect for those who come with small kids. When you are enjoying your meals, your children can play at the playground within your visibility and monitoring. For those who are looking for affordable food but particular in the cleanliness and hygiene, you won't be disappointed with this Santai Kitchen. It's clean, neat, organized with friendly service. They just received the award from Bernas as 'The Chosen Restaurant of Bernas'.

This restaurant offers local cuisines and Thai Food. Just the taste of Malaysians though most of the workers are Indonesians. I think even the cooks are also from that neighbouring country but they can cook Malaysian and Thai styles foods nicely. You can have variety of foods like rice with different dishes; just mention any and they will not disappoint you (as long as you order the local cuisines). Besides the Tesco Mutiara Damansara branch, they have another two branches; Santai Restaurant in TTDI and Warung Santai in Tesco Ampang.

So, finally my reviews are:

Taste : Excellent (just my type)

Ambience : Good (a very simple concept)

Price : Reasonable and affordable (value for money) ; definitely a bit higher in comparison to the hawkers/street foods

*Please noted here that my recommendation on the price is based on my income and it differs from one person to another (based on your income and budget).


If you wish to try this restaurant, please check this address out!

Address : Santai Kitchen

Lot 210, Ground floor

Tesco Mutiara Damansara

1 comment:

ilass said...

i luv this label...

'jalan-jalan cari makan..' :P