Monday 26 February 2007

My Monday Thought

It has been quite sometimes I didn't update my blog. There are many reasons behind that such as long holidays in my hometown and attended a workshop in PD. Really feel so lazy to start working today, after a long break. Whatever it is, work is still work and have to carry out the obligations and duties no matter what. Sigh.

When I woke up this morning and after I had a phone conversation with a friend, I really felt of taking emergency leave today, something I rarely do and I'm against it actually. Emergency means a sudden event that needs immediate action and in my point of view, it is something crucial and can't be avoided. But people always tend to misuse the term by making their own interpretation on EL; for their own benefits obviously. Well, I'm at work and in front of my PC now. No issue of EL anymore.

After a long break, I had to attend a regular meeting this morning. A slightly different than the previous meetings cos we have a new agenda in the list; public speaking. Starting from today's meeting, each and every one of us has to give a public speaking for about 5 to 10 minutes each; free topics. It's a good idea to have such thing as this will build and boost the level of confidence among the staffs. My colleague talked about some useful tips for interview but maybe due to her nervousness, she couldn't finish it well. Anyway, it was a good start and can be improved.

Actually, my mind was thinking about something else when the chairperson called my name and asked my comments on the speech. At first, I was stunned and surprised but just act cool as if nothing happen and started to give my comments. Honestly, it was my genuine and sincere comments in general about public speaking. To me, the most important that need to take into account when we are asked to deliver a speech is to choose the right topic; topics that we are comfortable to talk about. It has to be something familiar to us and we don't have to follow the script; line by line. Yeah, it's a good point here! Giving a speech is totally different than reading a full script. We can memorize the script but once it lost, we have no idea where to start and continue. Nevertheless, public speaking is a speech that shares our ideas, views, thoughts or opinions without any restrictions. It's a very good platform to share our ideas with others. I have more tips on public speaking but I don't think of listing out everything in this posting; maybe in the next.

Now, I can absolutely agree with my friend who said Monday is always the most hatred day among all days in a week. However, on the other hand I'd say that today is a special and meaningful day as someone is back in town after a long holiday. J

No comments: