Wednesday 31 January 2007

Old Sweet Time

I am so happy today after publishing my posting on Assyura. The article was done since Tuesday but I couldn't publish it due to the network problem. I really don't know what happen but I take it as a challenge for me to write more and more. What I need to now is to write offline in notepad and then transfer it to my blog. This is the most effective way that I can think of at this moment. I just want to keep the pace, momentum and consistency in blogging.

Okay, enough. Let me start with something else. Yesterday I went to my fitness centre for workout after for quite some times I do not go there. I have to admit that this is related to the momentum and consistency that I mentioned above. Maybe I got my problem to manage my time or maybe I was so lazy for past few weeks. Because of that, I got a big tummy now (this is what I feel) and I think that is a clear warning message to me to do something and get back in shape. I have to say that I really missed the time when I go for jogging twice a day in "Taman Rimba" everyday; once in the early morning and another one in the afternoon, around 6.00 pm. It is a nice place to jog as it is surrounded by Royal Golf Course, State Administration Office, Palace of State's Prince (DYMM Raja Muda) etc. I just put it very general so that it is not obvious where I jogged last time. Never mind, it is not a big deal though!

I enjoyed doing workout yesterday; made me recalled the moment when I rode my bike everyday from office to SC Tower just to maintain my fitness level. My friends said I am crazy for that; riding a bike for about 30 km+ just for workout. Because of that also I knew an Indian guy who is working at the convenient shop there. That Indian guy is very nice to me and we are friends already. I don't have any problem to read all the magazines and newspapers there and he always offered me to take back any magazines I prefer and return back to him the next day. How nice he is although we do not know each other very well and furthermore he is not the same race as me. Luckily, both of us are not racists. :)

I just realized yesterday that I did not go to my gym for quite sometimes already. The indicator is very simple; the development project next to SC Tower. The last time I went there, the progress of the project only on the ground works; piling etc but yesterday I was so surprised to see how fast the construction is. Yea, such a big project in a strategic location; golden triangle of KL with a lot of money been invested, for sure they are really serious about it. If it is another public project by the authority, I don't think the progress is the same though both projects: private and public start on the same day.

This is what we call efficiency and transparency. For private sector, efficiency and transparency transpired by the progress of the work and it speaks on its own whereby the same terminologies in public sector are indicated by rhetorical speeches and empty promises. Well, I shouldn't elaborate more on this topic. My Tionghua friend always uses the phrase "sweet talk" to describe about this rhetorical speeches and empty promises. I have nothing to say but to agree with him. :)

No comments: