Sunday 21 January 2007

A Balanced Diet

It is hard for me to have a proper so-called 'balanced diet' but I managed to have it last few nites. Thanks to my close buddy for asking me to drop by at his place and enjoy the meal together....really enjoy the meal!! Furthermore, i was acting like a boss; sitting on the sofa at the living room watching news during the prime time while he did the cooking stuffs. :)

The meal was so simple but healthy and balanced with all nutrients that our body requires. I have to be more conscious of my diet after having my own health profile. Had a blood and urine test last few weeks and so surprised to learn that I have a little bit problem on my cholesterol. The HDL rate (better described as good cholesterol) is below than the average but LDL (bad cholesterol) in contrast is higher than the normal average rate.

Back to the 'balanced meal' I had last nite, the combination was so simple; vegetables with meat (high protein and low fat). We had baby carrots, broccoli and chicken fillets...well cooked with Chinese style; steamed. Tasted so nice with some oyster sauce and chicken stock.

Reached home around 11 pm and had oranges; my favourite!! Went to sleep after taking a quick shower....planned to read a new mag I bought last few days but after lying on the bed, I was lost in my sweet dreamland!!

1 comment:

ilass said...

nowadays...
we really need to take care of our diet...
not becos u wanna be slim, but to have balanced n healthy diet.

p/s : now, i luv banana .. i eat salad... hmm nyummy