Sunday 21 January 2007

Is Blogging a Sin?

It has been few days I do not publish any posting after the first. People might think that I am a type of guy who is not serious in doing things; in Malay we called it as "hangat-hangat tahi ayam". It can be true and it can also be the opposite way. Let me just share with you what was happened to me in the last few days or to be more exact on the first day I start blogging; Muharram 1, 1428H.

I was so eager on that day to have my own blog after quite some times being a passionate reader to others. Published my first posting around 11 am and saved another post as a draft. Just thinking of publishing it after I came back from my Friday prayer. I thought it would be more meaningful to me to do so. :) I never tell anyone about my blog but I informed one of my colleagues about this and asked her to be the first to view mine; my pre-launching. I did mentioned to her that I am going to launch my blog soon and she told me that I should have sort of celebration for that; the exact word is "makan-makan" (can be considered if I get the sponsor :p)

With the spirit I had after my prayer, I came back to my office with the holy intention of publishing my second posting and writing another. Unfortunately, when I typed the URL of my blog, the annoying Corporate Guardian page appeared and clearly stated that the site was blocked due to the 'low mentality' reason; chatting. Blog is considered as chatting!! Doesn't it sounds stupid?? I took immediate action by asking for clarification from my senior (new boss actually) about this and firmly informed her that blogging is nothing than writing your own diary virtually. She agreed with me and mentioned that she is a blogger too. I felt a bit relief when she told me that she will look into the policy about this and it gave me a little hope that everything will be back to normal soon. Honestly, it is just a very little hope and I am expecting the result; blogging will remains prohibited!

At the mean time, what I can do is just to pray to The Almighty hoping that people with pre-historic mentality will open up their minds and realize that they are in the 21st Century and no longer in the era of dinosaur; Before Century. I do pray that with the spirit of New Year in Hijr calendar, everything will better; at least back to normal.

May today be better than yesterday.

No comments: