Monday 19 March 2007

MATTA Fair: March, 16 -18

Got the chance to visit MATTA Fair in PWTC last Saturday. Honestly, I have been waiting for this event since last year; not because I have excitement to travel but just my interest to have a look and make comparison between prices and what the travel operators offer.

As expected, PWTC was packed with numerous numbers of visitors and hardly to find empty parking space. Luckily, I got a space by the road side; at the road shoulder actually. No parking fee and even better, it was quite near to the entrace from Seri Pacific hotel.

The organizer still maintain the entrance fee of RM 3 per person (adult) and we were given all the brochures, pamphlets etc together with a green bag. We started with a quick tour in Hall 3 (domestic/inbound) and proceeded to the Hall 1 & 2 located across the contaminated Klang River in Jalan Ipoh. These 2 halls were allocated for outbound operators; mostly focused on China ( from my observation). Yeah, Chinese community is the major target by the organizer as they always travel in groups and more willing to spend their money for travelling compared to Malays. For most Malays, travelling isn't their priority and considered as something luxurious. If they have extra money to spend for travelling, they will choose to perform Umrah (little Hajj) in Mecca and Madinah. Unless they have more money to spend, then only they consider to travel elsewhere. Else, hi hi bye bye to the travel operators.

Honestly, I really wish to travel somewhere this year and actually the place was identified earlier; Europe (London-Paris-Amsterdam). I got my relative who married to an Englishman staying there and I have a close friend who's working there too. So, accommodation is no longer an issue. Just need some cash to spend there for foods etc. When I checked the ticket price during MATTA Fair, return tickets to London will cost me around RM 3K. Royal Brunei is slightly cheaper but have to transit for 10 hours in Bandar Seri Begawan. Ohh, I'm too far from my initial intention for this posting. J

I spent few hours walking around and asking questions and feel so guilty to the one whom accompanied me. Sorry yea! Too many questions to ask though I can't afford it. To me, having information in hand is very important for future planning. Who knows what will happen in the future, rite?? From now on, I'll double my effort and work harder to get more cash and extra money to travel. Pray hard and work smart.

For those who missed the chance to visit this MATTA Fair, don't worry cos another round will be held in September (if I'm not mistaken). You can update yourself from this URL; http://www.matta.org.my

Let us travel together, enjoy to the fullest and make ourselves free from our irrational, irritating and bossy bosses!!

No comments: